I haven’t been reading blogs that long but I have already noted the proliferation of favourite book and film lists. Well, I can’t join in because I’m so uncultured that sadly I don’t appreciate most works of art. 😉
So, here’s a list of a few little bits of software I really like. It’s in no particular order, since writing this drivel takes this inept author far too long as it is, without adding further complexity!
- Skype – free perfect quality voice chat on the internet + cheap phone calls + instant messaging = super fantastisch!
- RSS Reader – with a head like a sieve and zillions of cool blogs and news sites out there, where would i be without RSS? Really Stuffed Surely 🙂
- Web Accessibility Toolbar – one for the web dev bunnies – validate, view document structure, strip functionality and so much more – but be warned it’s IE only for now
- TextBuddy – one for the Irish – adds speed and extra functionality to your O2 or Vodafone free texts – meteor gnomes welcome soon :> (thanks to mish for filling me in)
- Crimson Editor – my beloved notepad replacement – loads in a flash, shows your code in glowing technicolour, but sadly does not speak .net
- trillian – download one neat application and use it for all your instant messaging accounts – ICQ, Yahoo, AIM and MSN – nice!
- spectroscope – basic colour picking tool but I still use it to death when I want to know instantly the exact code of any pixel on the web
I would love to know of any other software gems that I can treat my laptop, Smurf, to 🙂