My fox-phobic sister tagged me 21 days ago to do the 6 random things meme. I can’t take another sleepless night of wondering what dreadful curse will befall me if I don’t do it, so here goes:
- I’m a big fan of ice cream, even though I hate anything creamy. Hence, while normal people take a tub out of the freezer and let it melt a while before eating, I’m straight in there hacking away while my fingers get frostbite, and won’t touch it once it goes runny. My favourite flavour at the moment is Häagen Dazs Raspberry and Meringue. I know it’s limited edition, but I’m finding it nigh impossible to feed my habit around Dublin 6. No matter, for tonight I tried Murphy’s Raspberry Sorbet and discovered that’s the bit I really like. Half the calories and it’s available around the corner in Fothergills – this could get expensive.
- I tend to use a lot of words. I meant this to be a short post with 6 one-liners and point 1 was practically an essay! I may have come close to breaking the record for the longest ever e-mail in the past, but I’m in recovery these days.
- I don’t watch many TV shows religiously, but ER is one exception. Why, I don’t know, because it has really gone downhill since the glory days of Greene and Carter. Somehow, despite the episode each season when there is yet another boring hostage at gunpoint scenario, the pointless episodes where nothing happens, and the low, fast mumbling when you haven’t a clue who said what, I keep watching. I’ll miss it when it finally ends after the next series. Last night’s season finale on RTE ended on a typical cliff hanger where several cast members could have died when an ambulance exploded. Knowing ER, the next series will probably start with all of them in the middle of a trauma as if nothing ever happened!
- I am absolutely rubbish at all sports. Getting the Wii Fit has confirmed that I have next to no balance and co-ordination, so that’s my excuse. If I could be good at any sport, I’d love to be a snooker player. While this year’s world championship final was a bit of a let down, you just can’t beat a bit (or even 35 frames) of snooker.
- I can’t drive and I may never learn. Until the Wii Fit seriously improves my co-ordination, It’s probably a good idea for me to stay off the road!
- I have all 465 standard DMC thread colours used for cross-stitch embroidery. That’s 11 km of thread altogether. I’m not sure I’ll ever get through it all. Maybe by the time I’m old and grey, still stitching in my pink rocking chair, cross stitch will finally be cool?
Given that I am probably the only blogger (that’s if monthly posting constitutes blogging!) on earth who has not done this meme already, I don’t think there’s any need to tag anybody else…